BchD, MchD (ortho), PhD, HDD, PGDip (P. manag.)
Prof. Emad Ghabrial specialized in orthodontics at the University of Pretoria in 1997. where he also received a Postgraduate Diploma in Practice Management in 2010. He obtained his Bachelor of Dentistry degree from Cairo University Faculty of Dentistry in 1984, receiving a Diploma in Conservative Dentistry in 1989.
In 2020, Prof. Ghabrial was awarded his doctorate (PhD) in cleft lip/palate and craniofacial anomalies from the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Prof Ghabrial's professional local and international affiliations include the South African Orthodontics Society, the American Orthodontic Association, the World Federation of Orthodontics, and the American Association of Cleft Lip and Palate.
Prof Ghabrial has two practices in Pretoria: Queenswood and Lombardy Office Park in Pretoria East.
Prof. Ghabrial also serves as an orthodontic consultant for orthognathic surgery and is a member of the Cleft Lip and Palate treatment team at Pretoria Academic Hospital. He is also active in the dental community, giving presentations, lectures, and writing articles. He is an Adjunct Professor and senior specialist in Orthodontics at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
Prof Ghabrial has also significantly contributed to the field of research with publications in the journals listed below:
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=wBwN8okAAAAJ&hl=en
- ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7213-9760
- A survey of South African Maxillofacial & Oral Surgeon opinions regarding the academic education in the field of cleft lip/palate and craniofacial deformities.
- South African speech-language therapists’ opinion of their training in cleft lip and palate and craniofacial deformities.
- The epidemiology of malocclusion in Zambian urban school children.
He is a proud husband, father, and amazing leader of the PretoriaSmile team!