Our vision and our passion is to provide babies born with a cleft lip or palate a better everyday life and improved wellbeing. We care deeply about helping babies and their families, and pride ourselves on our holistic approach to the process of creating function every step of the way!
Is to reduce the complexity and minimize the amount of anomalies regarding the cleft lip and palate and to restore the normal anatomical relationship in order to facilitate primary surgery.
At the request of the specialist treating your baby, the Queenswood CLP team will assist you and your baby for the first few months in the following ways:
- Manufacture and provide a customized feeding plate / nasoalveolar moulding (NAM) and Nasal Elevators
- Advise on weight and feeding
- Diagnostic photo’s
- Provide counselling and family support
- Tailor payment plans to suit your financial situation
- Assist with applications for a sponsorship if you are unable to financially cover the fees
- Provide emergency sessions, which are available by prior arrangement and by appointment only.
Although we do our utmost to provide the best in medical assistance, all babies treated by us must be declared medically stable by the paediatrician or attending doctor.